Benefits of Volunteering
- Volunteering at church gives life a greater purpose.
- Volunteering is a place to develop life-long friendships
- Volunteering gives us a healthy self-image
- Volunteering lets us help others
- Volunteering makes us more generous with our time
- Volunteering gives us lasting influence
- And most importantly, volunteering is us being obedient to God.
Our volunteer team is an incredible group of people using their gifts and passions to serve God's Kingdom.
And there’s so many different ways and places in the church you can volunteer. From creating a welcoming environment by serving on a Host Team, to introducing the next generation to Jesus by serving on a Student Ministries Team or Children's Ministry Team, to crafting a powerful church service on the Production Team—we are a group of people advancing the Kingdom of God.
There’s opportunities to serve before and after church services, during church services, or during the week, and everywhere in-between.
We want you to start considering where you might best use your talents, gifting, and abilities to serve God’s kingdom.
10 Qualities of an Amazing Volunteer
1. Absolutely Devoted to Jesus and His Church
We know you are that person by:
- Your consistent attendance. Acts 2:42
- Becoming a Partner with BCA. Psalm 92:13
- Bringing your tithes and offerings. Malachi 3:10
2. Honor and Support Authority and Others
- Be responsive to your leaders. Hebrews 13:17
- Out of respect for Christ, be courteously reverent to one another. Ephesians 5:21
- ... Don’t think of yourself more highly than you ought. Romans 12:3
3. A Teachable, Trainable, Coachable Spirit
We are in the process of being transformed. Romans 12:1-2
We are disciples (learners) seeking to know His ways of being & doing. Matthew 6:33
We are EASY to instruct, coach, & correct. 2 Timothy 3:16,17
4. Prompt and Dependable
- The one who calls you... 1 Thessalonians 5:24 (MSG)
- Exercise diligence. 1 Timothy 4:15,16
5. Being an Owner and Problem Solver
- Seek out responsibility. Galatians 6:4
- Be the solution, not the problem. Proverbs 4:7 - Be resourceful. 2 Samuel 25:18-19 (MSG)
6. Someone who resolves themselves to not be easily offended.
- Train yourself to BEAR WITH PEOPLE! 1 Corinthians 13:7
- Overlook offense. Proverbs 12:16
- Be slow to anger, quick to forgive. James 1:19-20
7. Enthusiastic, Expectant and Easy to Get Along With People!
- Be cheerful. 2 Corinthians 13:11-13 (MSG)
- Don’t burn out. Romans 12:11 (MSG)
- Do the HARD WORK. James 3:17-19 (MSG)
8. Willing to Live a God Honoring Life
- Begins with Holy life. Ephesians 4:17
We believe you are going to be an amazing part of the church. We believe God is going to use you in amazing ways to help people, to help the church, and to advance God’s kingdom.
And remember, You are deeply loved and graced by God!